Governor Sanwo-Olu has assured rescued victims of the Ikoyi collapsed building of adequate medical attention.
The Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Dr Obafemi Hamzat disclosed this on Tuesday.
He revealed the intents of Governor Babjide Sanwo-Olu at the General Hospital, Lagos.
The Deputy Governor who visited the victims on Tuesday said nine persons have been rescued.
Hamzat also said that three of the rescued victims had been discharged from the hospital while the other six are currently on admission. The admitted victims are receiving treatment at the Medical Emergency Unit of the General Hospital, Lagos.
Also, read the latest health news about postpartum sex.
The Deputy Governor’s press statement was signed by the Director of Public Affairs, Lagos State Ministry of Health, Tunbosun Ogunbanwo.
According to the press statement, the admitted victims are responding to treatment.
The statement also revealed that some of the deceased casualties of the collapsed building have been deposited at the morgue.
The statement read in parts, “So, we have six people in here, all males, and thankfully they are doing well. The doctors have told us their state. They have minor injuries and nothing life-threatening thankfully. They are being treated and of course, as you know, the Lagos State Government is taking full responsibility for their treatment.
“We have their names and we will be getting in touch with their families. Nine people were rescued, six are here now, three people have gone home and as you know we have 10 dead bodies taken out of the place,” he said.
The Governor empathized with the victims. He then assured them of adequate care during their treatment.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Dr. Olusegun Ogboye also spoke. He pulled his weight of support on the medical treatment of rescued victims. He assured them of quality and optimal health care service at the facility. He said that the trained medical personnel are available to facilitate their recovery process.
Source: PUNCH HealthWise