44 corpses have been recovered on Monday a week after the Ikoyi building collapsed.
Recovery ends on Monday, November 8, a week after the incident.
“The recovery operation is still ongoing but should end by Monday morning. “The work is about two per cent to completion,” a source said on Saturday.
The building which trapped over 50 persons collapsed on Monday, killing almost 50.
The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu had put in place a response team since the incident occurred.
Also, members of the Nigerian Medical Association had also offered support to the victims.
Meanwhile, the members of the Association of Nigerian Chartered Architects have set up a probational committee.
The probational committee consists of three probe panels.
This is to investigate the technical personnel in the building construction and property industries.
ANCA requested enough time to address the technicalities involved in such a complicated tragedy.
The National President, Moyosore Omatsone, and National Secretary, Adekovejo Jolaoso of the association said this in a statement.
He also lauded the effort of the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. However, he urged the Governor to open two other panels to get all the answers.
The ANCA emphasized that the governor had only set up a political probe panel meant to investigate the political downplay in the construction of the collapsed building.
The Fourscore Height Limited Skyscrapper crumbled on Monday, November 1. It trapped over 50 persons and by Sunday, 44 corpses had been recovered. Also, 15 injured persons have been rescued. Three persons have since been discharged.
Source: PUNCH HealthWise